Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 1 3/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Ribs of Celery, chopped fine
- 3/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Scallions, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice (people kept noting the slight lemon flavor and how much they liked it, I wouldn't skip this part)
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Season t:e chicken with salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat until shimmering
- Carefully add the chicken and cook until lightly golden brown on the first side, about 5 minutes
- Flip the chicken over, cover and continue to cook until it is no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes longer.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Cut the chilled chicken into 1/4-inch pieces and toss with the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
I doubled the recipe and then bought a package of croissants, cut them open, and then filled with chicken salad, then cut those in half, so that people didn't have to eat a whole sandwich. I just about used all of the chicken, minus maybe 1 or 2 sandwiches worth of salad.
And the result is: